European Council on Foreign relations
ECFR’s Middle East and North Africa (MENA) programme gathers six policy fellows and four visiting fellows working across Europe and the region. They produce papers providing concrete policy recommendations, and are in constant interaction with high-level officials, policy-makers, and researchers. The programme’s goal is to identify opportunities for European governments to facilitate value-driven political solutions and help stabilize conflict-ridden and fragile states in the Middle East and North Africa.
- Reporting to: MENA Programme Coordinator
- Closing date: October 26, 2020
- Location: Berlin
- Salary: 450,00
- Support the MENA programme’s advocacy and outreach activities in different European countries (organisation of events, distribution of publications).
- Help identify and liaise with relevant policy, advocacy and think-tank contacts and contribute to the development of the programme’s contact database.
- Help keep track of the MENA programme’s media work. Look after the relevant parts of the website, make proposals for innovation.
- Compile and circulate a roundup of ECFR MENA’s work and relevant articles/reports.
- Help process and analyse research data.
- Help ensure that ECFR’s national offices are effectively included in MENA-related projects.
- Other general responsibilities as may be reasonably requested over time.
- Flexible and able to multi-task.
- Good organisational skills and an eye for detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multinational team and to develop effective relationships.
- A demonstrated interest in MENA related issues and issues of concern to ECFR is highly desirable.
- University degree in international affairs, EU affairs, public policy, political sciences or equivalent.
- Experience in a fast-paced office environment requiring extensive interaction with others.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (a very high standard of written and spoken English).
- Highly IT (including website) proficient.
- Good knowledge of the MENA region or EU (relevant internship in an EU institution or foreign affairs ministry is an asset).
- Relevant language skills to the region are preferred
This position is full-time for a maximum of 3 months. A monthly remuneration of €450.00 will be paid. Due to Covid-19, ECFR offices in some locations are currently closed in line with respective national guidelines.
Please send a one-page cover letter (with ref: ECFR MENA Intern in the subject line) and your CV to: email@example.com please restrict your CV to no more than two pages of A4. Please could you specify your citizenship and status with respect to living and working in your country of residence in either your CV or covering letter.
Pour postuler à ce poste veuillez visiter www.ecfr.eu.